3D laser scanning can be used for a variety of historical building engineering applications, from existing as-built drawings to plan for maintenance, to historical documentation of architecture and more. The non-intrusive nature of 3D laser scanning provides a hands-off means of cataloguing fragile and important historical sites and objects. The precise data collected can provide information on support analysis, design, and prefabrication.
GeoInstinct's experienced scan technicians collect millions of precise data points for laser scanning architecture or site with industry-leading survey-grade laser scanners. A team of in-house architects, engineers, and CAD Designers/Technicians work with each client to create custom deliverables that aid in the design, planning and execution phases of any project.
Our survey-grade scanners not only offers additional benefits to the measurement professional, but also to the recipients and users of accurate spatial data sets. Civil engineers, plant designers, CAD professionals, architects, contractors, and owners / operators can all reap the cost and added-value benefits that 3D laser scanning provides.
Benefits of Laser Scanning for Historical Documentation
- Elimination of costly return visits to the site.
- More accurate, complete as-built surveys for retrofit design projects.
- Minimized construction rework due to interferences.
- Accurate measurements for in-field fabrication.
- Reduced facility downtime due to fast, unobtrusive scene capture.
- Minimal field assembly expedites data collection.
- Non-contact leaves architecture untouched.
- Safe way to measure buildings that are no longer structurally sound
- Point Cloud Data (Raw Data)
- 2D CAD Drawings
- 3D Non-Intelligent Models
- 3D BIM Models
- 3D GIS
- Potree - View Point Clouds through your web browser
- Aerial Photogrammetry
- Comparative Analysis
- Deformation Analysis
- Digital Drawings of GPR Markings
- Floor Flatness Analysis/Contour Mapping
- New Construction Accuracy Analysis/Comparative Analysis
- Point Cloud Modeling Training Webinars
- Reconciliation of Clients 2D Design Drawings
- Reconciliation of Clients 3D Design Model
- Structural Steel Shape Probability Analysis
- Template Modeling
- Volume Calculations
- Wall Plumb Analysis
CAD Modeling Software
Autodesk 3DS Max
Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D
Autocad AutoCAD Map 3D
ClearEdge 3D Edgewise
- Asset Managers
- Electrical Engineers
- Facility Owners
- Historical Preservationists
- Mechanical Engineers
- Project Managers
- Plumbing Engineers
- Structural Engineers
- 3D Gamers and Software Developers
- Architectural and Historical Documentation
- Chemical and Petrochemical Plants
- Commercial Sites
- Health Care
- Industrial Facilities
- Manufacturing and Assembly Facilities
- Office Buildings
- Overhead Clearances
- Process Plants
- Power Plants
- Residential Sites
- Schools and Universities
- Stadiums, Arenas and Theaters
- Space and Aeronautics
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- 3D Gaming and Software Development