SkylineGlobe Server (SGS) is a private cloud solution that provides a comprehensive set of web services for publishing, storing, managing and streaming 3D spatial data. The server’s built-in complete user access control system allows easy management of users, groups, and administrative roles controlling the server-side storage and client-side read/write permissions.
Supports streaming services for all your data types
- Terrain (MPT/TBP)
- Map (WMS/WMTS)
- Feature (WFS/WFS-T)
- 3D Mesh (3DML, 3D Cesium tiles)
- Point Cloud (CPT, 3D Cesium tiles)
Publishing and Cataloging Services
Client-side and server side publishing
- Upload and publish geospatial data to the cloud server directly from TE or other Skyline client application.
- Publish server-side geospatial layers stored in files and databases on the server.
- Automatic and manual extraction of metadata and geospatial information.
- Advanced client-side search options for data layers and projects.
Stream raster, and feature data to any application that reads the standard OGC WFS, WFS-T, WMS, and WMTS protocols
- Make your data available online in an open, internationally recognized format
- Remote clients can edit (create, delete, and update features) the feature layer and save changes to the data source
- Outputs WMS/WMTS tiles in JPEG and PNG formats
Multiple Security Layers
Keep your data safe with robust user authentication mechanism and restriction of user groups to predefined data folders
- Only registered users can upload data.
- User uploads data to predefined data folder.
- Each data layer has a view/edit access level (None, Only Me, My Group, or Everyone).
Serve data to clients with higher availability
- All cluster computers are managed from a single web-based management interface.
- All transactions are stateless (can switch from one server to the other).
- Centralized management of all your servers.
Streamline your workflow and eliminate the need for any server-side login after initial installation
- Upload and publish individual geospatial layers and complete projects to the cloud server from TerraExplorer.
- Upload PhotoMesh and CityBuilder outputs.
- Publish TerraBuilder output and project.
- Through single publishing operation, data is made ready for consumption by all TerraExplorer clients: Desktop, Mobile, and TE for Web, as well as other OGC clients.
Centralized web management and configuration
- Control and monitor all services provided by SGS: Terrain Service, Feature Service, Maps Service, 3D Mesh Service, and Point Cloud Service.
- Control and monitor your SkylineGlobe servers.
- Manage your users and user groups.
- Configure data sources for each of the different sources of data being published to SkylineGlobe Server.